DEMS CONFIRM THEY’RE FRUADMASTERS, SAY “NO” TO JOHANNS
Posted by Andrew Roman on December 23, 2009
Building off my piece earlier today “Sweetheart Dealin’ Frauds” is the story of the Democrat shoot-down of Senator Mike Johanns – the other Senator from Nebraska. Yesterday, Senator Johanns asked that the Senate “strike the special carve-outs from the Senate health care bill” (i.e., get rid of the sweetheart deals).
There was a higher probability of seeing Hillary Clinton in the Penny’s catalogue modeling the latest in thong wear.
Nothing moves faster than Democrat lips saying “no” when their bribes comes under threat from pork smashers.
Said Senator Johanns:
There should be no special deals, no carve-outs for anyone in this health care bill; not for states, not for insurance companies, not for individual senators.
All of the special deals should be removed. If the bill cannot pass without carve-outs, what further evidence is needed that it is bad policy? No senator should vote for the final cloture vote until all of the carve-outs and special deals are removed.
Nebraskans don’t want a special deal, they want good policy. They don’t believe the Federal Government is the answer to every problem and they don’t like backroom deals.
This was precisely the point of my article earlier today.
These earmark whores couldn’t care less what is or isn’t fiscally sound for this country. They haven’t invested an inkling of critical thought into the matter of deteriorating quality of care. They’re not interested in the unprecedented financial discord that lies ahead for the country.
What else is needed to convince those who still support ReidCare that the bill is no good? What more does one need than to watch Senators fall in line only after they are bribed to do so?
Here are some of the goodies Senator Johanns was hoping to have cut out of the bill:
– Eliminating or reducing the Medicaid unfunded mandate on Nebraska, Vermont, and Massachusetts (starting on page 96, line 9)
– Exempting certain health insurance companies in Nebraska and Michigan from taxes and fees (starting on page 367, line 6)
– Providing automatic Medicare coverage for anyone living in Libby, Montana (starting on page 194 – section 10323)
– Earmarking $100 million for a “Health Care Facility” reportedly in Connecticut (starting on page 328)
– Giving special treatment to Hawaii’s Disproportionate Share Hospitals (starting on page 101, line 6)
– Boosting reimbursement rates for certain hospitals in Michigan and Connecticut (starting on page 174 – section 10317)
– Mandating special treatment for hospitals in “Frontier” States like Montana, South Dakota, North Dakota, and Wyoming (starting on page 208 — Sec 10324)
Dems told him to take a walk.
Most of them ought to be home just in time for Christmas Eve pumpkin pie.
And what is the upshot of all of this, if there is one? Dennis Prager said it on his radio program today – that it affords Americans the opportunity to really see leftism in action.
The compassion, the hope, the promise of modern liberalism sure sounds peachy in the brochure, but once the Left is in power, those latent totalitarian tendencies bubble up to the surface.